Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ANN ARBOR BOOK FESTIVAL

Yesterday I had lunch with this really remarkable woman who is a career advisor at Seaholm High School. She was really fascinating. I met her through a mutual radio friend. Georgeann has a pretty interesting book in her heart. We talked about writing and following your dreams. I really enjoyed myself.


I am getting pretty excited about the release of my book in less than a month.


I have my first book signing this Saturday in Austin, TX. While I'm there I'm staying with my favorite GO-GO (the most famous all girl band of all-time). I would never have imagined this would happen to me while I watched the "Vacation" video on MTV back in 1982.


My publicist is setting up some signings for me elsewhere. One that will be really exciting is in Minneapolis! A Barnes and Noble has requested my whole band play an in-store concert.


I am also one of the featured artists at the Ann Arbor Book Festival.


The Ann Arbor Book Festival’s mission is to promote reading, heighten awareness of literacy challenges, and showcase the rich culture of the written word in Michigan and beyond. A diverse group of community leaders committed to literature, language and the arts in Michigan are hard at work planning the Festival.


Here's a list of authors that will be appearing: http://www.aabookfestival.org/HTML/authors.htm